Relapse without D?

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
Messydre
New User

Relapse without D?

Postby Messydre » Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:09 pm

Hi. I'm 35,female. I got sick the first week of August with what I thought was a bug. 2 weeks of misery later I tested positive for cdiff. Did vanco for 10 days, relapsed a week and a half later but once again I thought it was a bug my family had. At this point I hadn't really read up so I was unaware of just how serious this is. It was another week and a half before I tested. But I took imodium and got on new meds so I actually got constipated and had to take some miralax to get a sample. I tested positive and it took a few days to get deficid approved. Did 10 days off that. It's been about 2 weeks and I'm worried I'll relapse and not know because of my meds in on. I've been having a pretty usual bm once a day but yesterday I started having pangs like when I was sick and went twice. I'm wondering about those who didn't have D but knew they were relapsing, how did you know? What were your symptoms? What should I be on the lookout for?
I have kids and just thinking I might have an active infection and not know is really worrying me. Both times I tested I didn't have D I had mushy bm. I get constipated because of my meds normally even before all this started. I added a new one mid 2nd relapse which adds to it. I am on a bland diet and I am taking Florastor twice a day.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Relapse without D?

Postby beth22 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:13 am

Welcome to the site. Please read the first forum for more information for new posters.

I had a lot of mucus even if I was C when I had c difficile. I would not worry too much, but practice good hand hygiene and have your kids do the same. Also, keep the bathroom clean. Use bleach in the toilet to disinfect, especially if other members of your family use the same toilet. My husband shared my bathroom and he never came down with c diff. Most family members do not catch it, but the most important thing, again,is good hand hygiene.

Whyme111
Regular User

Postby Whyme111 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:09 pm

Hi Messydre,
I didn't have d either however I had mucus and some blood. I also had back pain and nausea as well as fatigue. (not everyone has the same exact symptoms) I am questioning now whether my GP should have treated at all.

Messydre
New User

Postby Messydre » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:42 pm

Oh I'm sorry. Did you test for it? I have fatigue, stomach pain, which I didn't have a few days ago, I actually also have back pain which I never do.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”