Fever for the first time in two months

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
oceaneo
New User

Fever for the first time in two months

Postby oceaneo » Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:10 am

Hello again! I know that I am always posting here worried about my fever. I am currently on 250 mg of flagyl 3 times a day for 7 days. My stomach cramps went away and all the gurgling and stools went back to normal as well

However, I am traveling right now (just sat in a car for 7 hours and didn’t get to drink much fluids but ate light foods brought from home)

I wasn’t feeling well tonight and I sparked a fever of 100.3, something that hasn’t happened since the beginning of this process. My stomach doesn’t feel anything except light quesyness. My doctor said my C diff isn’t coming back but I am concerned! Was this normal for you all while on flagyl?

She said it was from exhaustion and lack of fluids so here is hoping. I am so tired of this and want to be able to resume normal life :/

roy
Administrator

Re: Fever for the first time in two months

Postby roy » Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:26 am

Why are you so obsessed with checking your temperature?
It's not normal to keep checking your temperature or carry a thermometer with you on a car journey!
I think we have already pointed out that flagyl is not reccomended for c.diff and that your "symptoms" dont indicate the need to treat.
Also 7 days of flagyl never has been a treatment for c.diff.
Minimum when flagyl was used was 10 days.

oceaneo
New User

Re: Fever for the first time in two months

Postby oceaneo » Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:40 am

I think you can see my frustrations because doctors have refused to start me on anything besides flagyl unfortunately:/ I am guessing my doctor wanted to start me on a lower dose and I confirmed the dose with two more doctors I know and they said it was fine so here is hoping it does something! I am not obsessed with checking my temperature, I actually never check until I don’t feel good. I feel very ill last night and bed ridden and lots of extreme chills. We checked while I was laying down and my temperature was at 100.5 and it was slowly rising even with using cold compresses with a lot of dizziness. It may not seem like a lot on a thermometer but because of my weakness and all the weight loss during this process, it felt worse than it looked.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”