what antibiotic for ear infection

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
Shel
Brand New Poster

what antibiotic for ear infection

Postby Shel » Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:26 am

Im on the taper down schedule of Vanco after being on it for a month. I'm down to one a day. I just returned from traveling and have a bad cold and I'm positive I have a left ear infection. I need to go to a convenient care cuz its a weekend but I'm worried they won't know what antibiotic to give me that won't set me back with c diff. Plus Im currently still on Vanco. Any advice with this and what antibiotic I should try and request they put me on? I do not want a set back:(

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: what antibiotic for ear infection

Postby NanciT » Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:02 pm

Hi

First make sure you have an ear infection by exam. Explain to the MD you have CDIFF and are currently on a taper dose. As far as "Oral Antibiotics" they are not often given unless the infection is "inner ear". Often it is not so always get it checked. I have used Cortisporin Otic Solution with no issues over the last 4 years post CDIFF. Nothing is 100% but it's worked for me. I have also tried natural remedies first , there are several online.
Always get it looked at and see what you are dealing with first

Feel better soon

NanciT

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:07 am

There is a list here on the site of which antibiotics are high offenders and which are not as high. If you do need antibiotics, print it out to discus with the doctor.

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:27 am

Antibiotics are rarely needed for symptoms caused by a cold!
Theres a BIG differance between "wanting" or "expecting" an antibiotic and "needing" an antibiotic.

Mindy
Regular User

Postby Mindy » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:52 pm

I put a couple drops of garlic ear oil from a natural health store.. I put a warm wash cloth over my ear for 10 minutes.. It worked. Big difference in a day or so. Did it three times a day.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”