Knee surgery!!

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
Aurora
New User

Knee surgery!!

Postby Aurora » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:02 pm

I'm only two weeks out from finishing treatment and I just learned that I will need surgery to repair a badly torn meniscus and a para meniscal cyst. Good news is surgeon seems very knowledgeable about c-diff, said he would work with an ID dr, would most likely give me IV Vanco before surgery and nothing after, and since I have small kids and have way too much going on at the moment, I can hold off a while as long as my pain and mobility permit. I'm still so nervous. It seems like I will be in good hands. Anyone else been through this before?

An update to my earlier post, I have started introducing some new foods and stomach seems to be holding up well. I am thinking all of the dairy and grease I ate for breakfast was the culprit for my one bad evening last weekend. I had a little pasta with sauce for dinner last night and again for lunch with no problems. Knock on wood. Still taking Jarrow SB and kefir and yogurt daily.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: Knee surgery!!

Postby NanciT » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:59 pm

Hi

It sounds like you are doing all the right things! Communicating with your physician and surgeon are #1 and it sounds like they are taking all precautions.
Try not to panic, we have so many posters who have had surgery!

I know how stressful it all is post CDIFF

Hang in there, wishing you a successful surgery!

NanciT

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Re: Knee surgery!!

Postby georgina » Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:01 am

Sorry to hear you need surgery but the good thing is that the surgeon seems knowledgeble and willing to work with a ID doctor. Hopefully you will get trough the surgery without any reoccurences of Cdiff and recover fast. Sending positive vibes your way.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”