Reinfect ion or relapse after so long?

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
Hmbaker1
New User

Reinfect ion or relapse after so long?

Postby Hmbaker1 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:01 am

I posted yesterday on a different thread .. I am doing much worse as I have gone to the bathroom 4 times today including now at 1am when that is not normal. I had a lot pain before hand to the point of shaking on top of the pain that I already have been feeling along with bloating and no appetite. I feel very scared and alone so I cane to this support site again to ask if anyone else has had an experience like this without use of abx. I drop off a sample tomorrow .. had blood tests and I have a scheduled ct but if the pain gets worse as it has been they told me to go to the Er instead. Thank you for any feedback or just company on here

AllisS
Long Time Contributor

Re: Reinfect ion or relapse after so long?

Postby AllisS » Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:16 am

Where is your pain located? It's probably a good idea to go to either the ER or urgent care or your PCP's practice so that a medical person can try to figure out what's going on. It's not possible for us on this site (which is a support site, not a medical site) to answer your question of whether your symptoms make sense or might mean you have C. diff despite your not having taken an ABX. ER is no fun -- I spent the night in one just last week, myself -- but it's the best place to go for pain or other symptoms that are severe and of unknown origin.
If your illness was preceded by use of a medication, e.g., an antibiotic, please fill out an FDA Adverse Event Report at http://www.fda.gov/Safety/MedWatch/default.htm

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:03 am

Looking at your old posts you had an awfully lot of gut symptoms not related to c.diff and several negative c.diff tests.
Even if this test is positive (a positive test can be "normal") a Dr should not rule out that it might not be c.diff causing your ongoing problems.
3 years is a long time to be suffering and typical disease caused by c.diff is not normaly a long term thing.
Allis is right, if you have severe pain you should go to ER.
You might remember that my mother died of c.diff.
She had very little pain.
C.diff infects the colon and can cause severe damage but the colon has very few pain receptors so severe pain is not a normal c.diff symptom and might indicate theres something else wrong.
Many OTC painkillers will increase gut pain not relieve it so get advice if your taking anything.
Are you still using questran?
One of the mods on the UK site claimed that questran caused him the type of pain that can only be described as eating ground glass.

Hmbaker1
New User

Postby Hmbaker1 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:18 am

Hmm only time I had this pain is with c diff so that’s confusing .. I do have a CT scan scheduled but I can’t kwep anything In without having D.. and no appetite.. I’ll post what they find out

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ril » Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:37 pm

There are other infections and GI problems that can cause these same symptoms. You probably need stool tests and other work ups so see your dr or urgent care ASAP.
Rita

Hmbaker1
New User

Postby Hmbaker1 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:35 pm

I saw her yesterday.. did stool sample and blood tests that I got back today that are all good.. still waiting on a ct scan that is on next Monday.. thanks everyone .. it’s always in the back of your head once you’ve had it twice!

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”