Intense pain 3 years later

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
Hmbaker1
New User

Intense pain 3 years later

Postby Hmbaker1 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:20 pm

Hi I haven’t been on here for at least a year. My old user name was hledgess.. I developed c diff after vaginal clindymyicin (sp) I did flagyl and then 7 months later it resurfaced with out a cause.. no antibiotics or anything .. I eventually got better but I remember the intense pain I had.. well this month .. oct 5th I ate out at Red Robin .. my stomach had been the best it’s been at his point for about a year and gained like 40 pounds .. working and eating everything I wanted and then some.. I got better after about a week and then could eat again and didn’t have pain.. I take questran daily and everything was ok again.. but then I had parent teacher conference and it was 2 days of 12 hours .. I didn’t have a bowel movement Monday but did Tuesday and wed and it was very hard .. but twice after I had D and pain and a weird bloating sensation I only remember from c diff.. this has been on and and off(mainly on) for almost a month and today I barely made it through work and got him to go twice and could barely walk I’m In so much pain. I know this could be just about anything but my mind always goes here .. any light to shine? Is this a possibility. I work in a middle school and I can’t be sterile all of the time .. planners are on the bathroom floor and I have to sign them ..

AllisS
Long Time Contributor

Re: Intense pain 3 years later

Postby AllisS » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:42 am

Hello Hmbaker. I'm sorry that you've been feeling unwell. However, the pain and other symptoms that you describe do not sound like C. diff, which typically manifests as at least three days of profuse, watery D, three or more times per day. Intense pain shouldn't be ignored, as it could be due to numerous other causes, some of the serious. If it persists you should call your PCP or go to the ER to get checked out. As for following "sterile" practices to prevent C. diff recurrence, this isn't possible in the real world -- and it's also unnecessary. Thorough hand-washing remains the key to prevention.
If your illness was preceded by use of a medication, e.g., an antibiotic, please fill out an FDA Adverse Event Report at http://www.fda.gov/Safety/MedWatch/default.htm

Hmbaker1
New User

Postby Hmbaker1 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:21 pm

I went to my GI today and she highly suspects c diff as I had to run D while I was there lol.. I have the kit to turn in tomorrow, blood drawn and a CT is scheduled for the 29th. Thank you for your input! I never had D like that the second time around so my dr knows that’s not how I would necessarily present with symptoms, but I’m definitely hoping you are right and it is something much less worrisome!

hopenow
Regular User

Postby hopenow » Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:40 am

What was the result?

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”