Post FMT Follow up

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
Ajs
Regular Contributor

Post FMT Follow up

Postby Ajs » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:12 pm

I have my post FMT follow up appointment with my GI in 3 days. I’m 2 days away from 4 weeks since my FMT. I’ve did pretty well so far. Last week was great! Energy levels were high, I just felt healthy over all! Saturday night the fatigue hit me like a brick wall. I’m still feeling weak and just unwell. I don’t think it’s a relapse. My BM’s have been really good. Going 1-2 times per day. No D. Honestly, I went more than that before cdiff. Hopefully this is just recovery related symptoms.

I have all confidence that I am through with cdiff and am on the road to recovery. However, I would like to discuss a game plan with my GI regarding our course of action if the cdiff infection were to return in the next few weeks. So far he has been very open to my thoughts and suggestions. I know many of you on here have had a second FMT. I would love to hear some common treatment plans when a second FMT is necessary. Personally, I’ve thought maybe a standard course of Dificid leading up to another FMT via colonoscopy followed by another FMT via enema the next day. What do you all think?

Again, I feel confident that this won’t be necessary, but I also want to be prepared. You just never know...

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Re: Post FMT Follow up

Postby georgina » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:10 am

Why would you even think about a second FMT??? It seems like this first one has done the trick , almost as a magical cure like. If you are having formed stool , you are able to feed yourself properly , no pain it means that you are healing quite fast. I had my FMT before yours and i am nowhere near where you are now. I'm still having loose stool ,M, lots of gas , sometimes pain ,fatigue , although the frequency reduced , i think that in my 6 weeks since the FMt i've had just four days of more solid stool and that's it.

Ajs
Regular Contributor

Re: Post FMT Follow up

Postby Ajs » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:58 am

Georgina, I’m sorry you’re having such a tough recovery, and I hope I don’t come over as ungrateful or extra paranoid. I just don’t want to be in the dark if I were to relapse. My last relapse was after 4 weeks from being on Dificid. During those 4 weeks I felt great! I was having normal BM’s and even running a couple times a week. Then out of nowhere it hit. It really took me by surprise! I just want to have an idea of what course of action to take if it were to happen again.

I am still having the constant, nagging, burning sensation in my lower right side. Hoping it’s just recovery from nerve damage in my intestines. Hope you continue to improve!

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”