Megasporebiotic

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
Ajs
Regular Contributor

Megasporebiotic

Postby Ajs » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:10 pm

I was just wondering if anyone was familiar with the spore based probiotic called megasporebiotic. I did search the threads and found where Georgina inquired about it back in 2015. The description on their website sounds great. Just curious if anyone on here has given it a try. I have a friend who is dealing with SIBO. She says that she can tell a positive difference in taking the megasporebiotic. Less D and gas.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Re: Megasporebiotic

Postby georgina » Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:46 pm

I actually just started taking it yesterday, it has taken a long time to order it and also to receive the order . It's very early tell if there is an improvement.

Ajs
Regular Contributor

Postby Ajs » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:23 am

Thanks Georgina. Let me know how it goes.

Ajs
Regular Contributor

Postby Ajs » Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:21 pm

Georgina, I guess it’s still a little early, but how are you doing on the megasporebiotic?

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:26 am

Haven't noticed any improvement untill now but at least it's not making things worse.

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:35 am

Article: Probiotics 'not as beneficial for gut health as previously thought'
http://flip.it/TK4pkc

No 2 Drs will ever agree!

Ajs
Regular Contributor

Postby Ajs » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:56 pm

Roy, seems that lately there have been several articles along that line. I’ve definitely cut way back on the probiotics since my FMT. I’m currently only taking 1 Florastor per day.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:00 am

It's been more then a month since i have started the megaspore and i can give a positive feedback. I've been able to reintroduce more foods back into my diet and i've noticed that i do not get bloated so easily after meals , so definitely less IBS symptoms. The days when i missed taking the probiotic i had more IBS : more bloating , burning pain , more frequent stools. So i can say that this probiotic is worth my money , it worked for me. I would also like to point out that i was more comfortable taking 1 pill per day instead of the recommended dosage of 2 pills.

PS :Another thing that i found to be helpful is the plain Digest enzymes from Enzymedica. I tried several brands of enzymes that did not agree with me , but this one actually helped (less undigested food in my BM) .

Ajs
Regular Contributor

Postby Ajs » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:59 am

Georgina, Thank you for the update! I have thought about you a lot and have wondered how the probiotic was going. You are the third person I know that has had a success with it. I am actually trying to wean myself off of all probiotics in pill form right now. Just want to see how my system does without them. I still eat yogurt daily as well as drinking Kiefer.

It’s so good to hear from you and I’m glad to hear that you are improving! Maybe things will continue to get better and better!

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”