What exactly does the pain feel like while healing?

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
Candy25
New User

Re: What exactly does the pain feel like while healing?

Postby Candy25 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:43 pm

For me, I had a severe case of cdiff and was septic before I actually received proper medical diagnosis. Took vancomycin for about 5 months, then deficit. Was told when first diagnosed that I may not survive. I was a very healthy 50 something year old. I don’t find it humorous to joke about underwear, etc. When I read any of the comments on this sight, I’m feeling desperate and doomed. Then I have a few good days, and life is good! Sooo now, I’ll move forward. I have lower back pain occasionally. Sometimes I have lower abdominal pain, but can feel any lower digestive system throughout the day. I am now about 7 months passed my last cdiff antibiotic. It has done a number on me amentally and physically. Not sure if the most powerful cdiff antibiotic brought me to this point or the cdiff..I have several good days eating somewhat cautiously, and then boom...eating the same diet and then things go south. It takes “alot” of time to heal. I have not gone back to my infectious disease dr or GI since they performed a colonoscopy in January and taking samples to make sure there was no longer cdiff present; however, symptoms were not so lifechanging that I’d be able to know I was improving. It takes time. From what I’ve read in this site, sometimes months or sometimes years! I’m in months right now still struggling...but getting better! Hang in there...

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:05 pm

Sometimes laughter is the best medicine.

Teddynz
New User

Postby Teddynz » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:40 pm

Cheers thanks candy, as I said I’m trying To be positive as much as I can, it’s only been a month or two for me roughly, but I do feel depressed about it and feel like I can’t enjoy myself like I use to, but hopefully in a couple
Months I’ll be better, I feel like it is getting better but then I have a bad day like you say and can feel all sorts of feelings in my intestines, they feel hard, pinching, almost like solid bars in my stomach, super weird variety of pains and discomforts, that’s why it’s useful to hear if people have similar things, seems they do, it’s nice to hear the exact kind of pain. I’ll keep my post updated for sure.

Does anyone know about colostrum? Apparently that can be good re for lining the stomach I’ve heard.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:52 am

Colostrum is supposed to help heal the intestinal lining and increase immune response . I've tried it but it did not help me . I have found L-Glutamine to be more helpful for healing. There is also a medical food called Enteragam witch can help during recovery , good for increasing immunity and it's also bulking up the stool.

Teddynz
New User

Postby Teddynz » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:48 am

Okay I might give that a go, you know what’s mainly worrying me is that I have a friend who’s had Crohn’s for 7 years and he says the pain I’m describing is very similar to what he had at the start with Crohn’s, so I guess the pain symptoms can be very similar with Crohn’s and c diff?

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:17 am

It's best to wait untill you see a Dr and get a diagnosis.
All the "suppliments" are untested medication.
If your pain gets worse or you get frequent watery D see your Dr.
Dont self treat just because your symptoms appear similar to someone elses!

Teddynz
New User

Postby Teddynz » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:16 am

Yeah it’s awhike before my appointment, not sure what I have, maybe it’s just the c diff pain from healing, could be, my only symptoms are the pain and strange BM’s and that seems to be symptoms of multiple things, but if it’s c diff symptoms maybe it’s just that.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”