Constipation/ Indigestion and normal

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
mpc
Brand New Poster

Constipation/ Indigestion and normal

Postby mpc » Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:35 pm

Just finished ten days of Vanco after eight days on Flagyl that failed and worked immediately but now feel constipated with indigestion and belching. Tummy is gurgling away. Is this a normal side effect as the body readjusts or should I add fiber to diet to help? Scared.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Constipation/ Indigestion and normal

Postby beth22 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:46 am

There really is no "normal". Different people react differently. Your body has to re-adjust being off medication and the healing process has to begin. Unless you get D again or your original symptoms, I would not worry too much. If you get C, then adding some fiber to your diet is probably good, but do it slowly. You don't want to tip the scales in the other direction. I would call your GI and see what he/she suggests.

mpc
Brand New Poster

Re: Constipation/ Indigestion and normal

Postby mpc » Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:51 pm

@beth22 thank you for your input. I’m trying to not get worried but it’s been a long nightmare but at least I’m becoming mobile again after surgery and will deal with it whatever happens.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”