Relapse

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
tarap
Regular User

Relapse

Postby tarap » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:47 pm

Is it possible to relapse after 7 weeks off meds. What is the average relapse time?

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Relapse

Postby beth22 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:11 pm

Yea, it's possible. There is no average, but most relapse within a month. If symptoms continue, I would test.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:40 am

If you are having frequent D you should ask to be tested.

tarap
Regular User

Postby tarap » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:07 am

It started Saturday I had 4 rough bm last one was watery d then Sunday I was ok normal morning bm mon And tues same but yesterday I had a muddy one in the morning and then d (not watery) and then another d (not watery). This morning I had d (not watery). I’ve had like an upset stomach but not the cramps or urgency like when I was diagnosed. I haven’t been eating the best options lately. I’m not sure if this is a relapse or not. When I tested in the pat last time was 5 weeks ago I was sure I had it and I was negative. I also have taken a plan b pill a little over a week ago so not sure if any symptoms are from that. Thanks in advance

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:58 am

It can take some time to recover, food can affect recovery a great deal, the gut needs time to heal. Generally BM's can be " all over the place" early in recovery and as time passes things improve.
I go "Bland" when this occurs and it usually helps. Any medication you take can affect it. I reacted differently to typical medications I took before. For example, I took a pyridium post CDIFF and it made me sick for days, never before CDIFF.
Keep an eye on the diet and see how it goes

NanciT

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”