Topical Gentamicin 0.1 %

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
AnxiousJ
Regular Contributor

Topical Gentamicin 0.1 %

Postby AnxiousJ » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:13 pm

How safe is topical cream Gentamicin 2 yrs post c diff? I have had a patch of eczema on my ankle for year 25 yrs. I think I’ve been scratching at it during my sleep and it looks slightly red. I’ve been using Neosporin and Liquid Bandage for the past couple of days and covering it with gauze and a sock at night but I’m a little concerned. I do have a leftover tube of topical Gentamicin. I may call my dermatologist in the am to just take a look at it and make sure it’s okay. Just nervous...

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Topical Gentamicin 0.1 %

Postby beth22 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:14 am

Usually for eczema they prescribe a cream with a steroid. I would go see your dermatologist to find out what it is first.

AnxiousJ
Regular Contributor

Postby AnxiousJ » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:34 am

Yes, but I have a small cut from shaving my legs on my ankle (where my eczema patch is) and am concerned it may be slightly infected. I will try to make an appt with my dermatologist tomorrow.
My knee is hurting a little and after reading stuff online (which I know I shouldn’t do) I started worrying about the potential of an slight infection in my ankle spreading to my knee. I put Neosporin, Liquid Bandage and wrapped it. I will call them in the am.

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:52 am

If you hear a thud your legs fell off!

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”