Hpylori

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
Lid49
Regular Contributor

Hpylori

Postby Lid49 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:15 pm

Hi
I'm 7 months free cdiff after second FMT, lately I had pain stomach right side and nausia end up in Er, long story short ct scan normal ultrasound normal , endoscopy hpylory by biopsy. I have a lot of pain upper stomach , Mayo clinic give me standard treatment amoxacilin, clarithomocin and omeprazole. I did protested and ask if there is a lower offender or if vanco or deficid can be administrate with the treatment , the answer was no. I. Do not understand. Any suggestion please will be helpful. Tomorrow I have an appointment with my infectious disease DR, hopefully will be giving me other option of antibiotics.
Thank you Lidia.

roy
Administrator

Re: Hpylori

Postby roy » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:49 pm

Before you treat this "terrible new infection" it might be an idea to research how common it is!
Two out of three of us carry H.pylori without any symptoms.
It's another bug that might cause problems but is also "normal" flora.
If your Dr has diagnosed an ulcer and you test positive H.pylori might be the cause and need treating.
If the treatment is only because of the test result then theres not enough antibiotics in the world to treat everyone who has it.
It's a difficult decision that has to be made between you and an EXPERIANCED Dr that's going to look at the whole picture.
The suggested treatment is not c.diff friendly!

Lid49
Regular Contributor

Postby Lid49 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:52 pm

Thank you Roy. I did look in to it. Very difficult decision.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:15 am

Ask your doctor who did the endoscopy what he saw. If he saw gastritis or a lot of redness or an ulcer, then you need to think about treatment because h pylori if left untreated can cause cancer. Ask the doctor to explain it to you. I think it is wise to talk to the ID as well as you are doing.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:47 am

HPylori can be another "normal inhabitant" in your digestive system , most doctors don't recommend treating it unless it causes symptoms of gastritis or ulcer. And of course , there is more then one posibility to end up with it again after treatment.

Lid49
Regular Contributor

Postby Lid49 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:21 am

Thank you , yes gastritis was found on endoscopy, first I will start a natural approach and if it is not working I guess I will have to take the triple terapy.
Thank you all.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”