Constant itching and soreness?

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
sammyp
Contributor

Constant itching and soreness?

Postby sammyp » Sat May 26, 2018 2:56 am

Hello all. Some weird new symptoms popping up that I wonder if anyone else has experienced. The last couple of days I've had terrible, constant anal itching along with some soreness down there as well. I'm on Day 8 of 14 of Vanco, haven't had D since Day 3. Passing a BM doesn't hurt, but it does hurt when I wipe.

I've tried Preparation H, it doesn't help. I use moist wipes with witch hazel and those help a little. I'm 29 and have never had hemmroids or fissures. I don't feel anything swollen or weird down there. I plan on seeing my doctor next week but it's memorial day weekend so it'll be bit before I can get in.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Any idea what it could be or how to handle the itching until I can see the doc?

AllisS
Long Time Contributor

Re: Constant itching and soreness?

Postby AllisS » Sun May 27, 2018 1:59 am

You could try Desitin, which is an over-the-counter cream. A colorectal dr whom I saw for a non-C. diff-related issue recommended it. Other creams that are steroidal shouldn't be used regularly, he said; I think that's because they can cause thinning of the tissue. He said that Desitin can be used safely as often as necessary.
If your illness was preceded by use of a medication, e.g., an antibiotic, please fill out an FDA Adverse Event Report at http://www.fda.gov/Safety/MedWatch/default.htm

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Sun May 27, 2018 2:56 am

Try a nappy rash cream.
Use it 24/7 especially before a BM.
Here in UK we have Sudacrem, you could probably buy it online.

AllisS
Long Time Contributor

Postby AllisS » Sun May 27, 2018 8:18 am

Desitin is, actually, a diaper-rash cream.
If your illness was preceded by use of a medication, e.g., an antibiotic, please fill out an FDA Adverse Event Report at http://www.fda.gov/Safety/MedWatch/default.htm

Gaconch
New User

Postby Gaconch » Mon May 28, 2018 7:50 pm

Try straight coconut oil. You might have a fissure. The coconut oil is very soothing and aids in healing.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”