How long do symptoms last after flagyl/vanco

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
Jmehr
Brand New Poster

How long do symptoms last after flagyl/vanco

Postby Jmehr » Tue May 22, 2018 2:57 pm

Hello,

I am a 28 year old female and was diagnosed with C diff about a month and a half ago after about 10 days of terrible symptoms. I did 10 days on the flagyl and it did not help at all. I was then put on 10 days of vanco which did not help. I ended up seeing a GI doctor and he put me on another round of 7 day vanco. I am now 4 days off of all meds and I am no where near the 30+ BM I was at before starting any meds, but it seems like I am going more frequent than when I was on the vanco for 20 days (from about 4-6 BM a day to 7-9). I am worried about starting all over with meds and going back to the terrible symptoms but I am wondering if it is normal to still be having symptoms after the meds... I just want to be off of antibiotics and this be over. I have a call into my GI but thought I would get some opinions.

Thanks!
J

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: How long do symptoms last after flagyl/vanco

Postby NanciT » Tue May 22, 2018 9:36 pm

Hello and Welcome to the site Please read the first thread for all new posters

It sounds like you continue to have diarrhea and symptoms. I do hope your GI has gotten back to you. In my case things improved while on Vanco but returned when I got off it. If all of your symptoms have continued, I would ask for Dificid or a longer Taper of the Vanco.

Sorry you had to find us, hope things improve soon!

NanciT

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”