Third time cdiff? Three day rule?

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Third time cdiff? Three day rule?

Postby beth22 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:55 pm

My relapses always seemed to come 3 - 4 weeks later, so if you get worse, definitely get in touch with your doctor.

Pinklor3
New User

Postby Pinklor3 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:53 am

Update on my situation: I had a very quiet night's sleep. Had some chills night time, which gradually went away. Woke up feeling ok, no fever, no chills, just some headache and occasional mild abdominal pain. I haven't had a BM in over 18 hours and just passed some M this morning (last time I passed this was before going to bed). No blood in M and it seems like it's getting firmer and there is much less of it. I feel like it's going to stop today (gut feeling - haha). Could the s. boulardii be masking the C Diff / relapse? I feel surprisingly well if it could be relapse. But at the moment I have no strong urge to go to the bathroom and if I do, I'm having no BMs, let alone any D. I'm hoping this has just been a bad day.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:16 am

It seems like your symptoms are improving ,so maybe it's not a relapse after all , maybe it was just a nasty IBS flare from the pizza u ate . You really need to keep a bland diet , foods like: pizza , burgers , chips , sweets,alcohol are the worst offenders , keep away from them for a longer period. Saccharomyces won't mask any relapses!

Pinklor3
New User

Postby Pinklor3 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:51 pm

Thank you all for your replies. I am feeling much better today, the fatigue is almost all gone and I had no M / BMs today. Is it possible to have a relapse that the body successfully manages to fight off? Or is it more likely it is IBS-related? I will be better about my diet after this episode.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”