MOVED FROM PM TO QUESTIONS - Mishell

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
Bobbie
Administrator

MOVED FROM PM TO QUESTIONS - Mishell

Postby Bobbie » Sat May 05, 2018 6:51 pm

Sent: Wed May 02, 2018 3:24 pm
Recipient: Bobbie

Hi Bobbie,

I'm on day 20 of a 28 day course of Invanz, and 250mg Oral Vanco 2x daily to keep the c diff at bay. So far so good. Mri came back a few days ago with some inflammation but no signs of infection. Biopsy came back as Chronic inflammation of the bone but all of the bone was viable no necrotic bone was found. We are all assuming this means that we caught it early! I do absolutely hate this PICC and it bleeds non-stop. Everyone says, "this is your normal", and then follow-with I have never see it before. UGH. My only issues currently which I may bring up in a public post is trouble with low white blood cell and neutrophil counts. WBC 4 - ANC 1.42 -- Every week they keep getting lower and lower. I did some research and it appears that Vanco can cause the low WBC and Neutrophil count. However, I can't determine if this is IV or oral? Do you have any insight into this? Also, did you ever relapse with the Osteo?

Bobbie
Administrator

Re: MOVED FROM PM TO QUESTIONS - Mishell

Postby Bobbie » Sat May 05, 2018 7:05 pm

Hi, Mishell,

Answering u online so you will get more opinions and answers.

I worked when I had osteomyelitis. It was difficult but kept my mind occupied,

I was on IV Vanco plus oral as I still had c diff. Believe it was. 6 to 8 week ordeal. I did not have any blood lealing from the PIK line and would mention this to your health care providers. When you flush the line, make sure everything is sterile.

I did not have any problems after the initial treatment.

I "feel" for you. It is a scary infection - and you already have another one of those - c diff.

My husband made me a calendar and I crossed each day of treatment off on it.

Are they testing your blood at least twice a week? Make sure the home health nursery washes her/his hands.

I know little about blood except the white cells are the "fighters" that combat infection. An infectious disease doc treated me and he was wonderful. You might want to cOntact a doc in that specialty.

You will be OK. Hang in there.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”