C Diff and H Pylori

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
Arin
New User

C Diff and H Pylori

Postby Arin » Sat May 05, 2018 3:23 pm

Hi C Diff friends...
I’m a 38 yr old female, previously healthy. Just wondering if anyone has experienced co-existing H Pylori and C Diff infections? I just found out I have antibiotic resistant H Pylori (it’s made me massively ill for years) so my docs at Mayo have me on a Levaquin triple therapy PLUS a prophylactic Vancomycin dose, since I was just admitted to the ICU with C Diff 6 months ago. The infection had gone septic and I almost didn’t make it.

All together, I’ve been through H P treatment 3 X, and C Diff 3 X. I can’t work and its hard not to get really depressed. My husband and I want to get pregnant but it’s hard to do with so much illness.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: C Diff and H Pylori

Postby NanciT » Sun May 06, 2018 12:05 am

I do think we have had members who have had H P either before or after CDIFF. My best advice is to get a good team of doctors that you are confident in. Possibly see an ID also who can work with your GI. They all need to work together if you are currently being treated for both. The mind /Gut connection alone will cause depression, please make sure to talk with your GI about this
Hopefully the posters who have had this can jump in here
I hope this clears up and you feel better soon!
NanciT

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”