Normal?

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
Bobbo112
Contributor

Normal?

Postby Bobbo112 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:35 pm

I didn’t know if I should post a new topic on this but today is week 5 post vanco and out of nowhere last night I’ve gotten mild and uncomfortable cramping that hasn’t let up. My bms are normal and no worse, and my frequency in going has not changed. But this abdominal pain came out of the clear blue sky. Is that normal for recovery? Especially this long in?

I might’ve just over exerted myself going to the bathroom as I’ve done it before. I can feel it when I touch, it’s like a sore muscle feeling, like a strain. It just hasn’t consistently hurt like this all day before. And I’m also experiencing an uptick in gurgling, but only a minor one. Trying to remain calm but wondering if there are others that went through this this far in recovery...

Bobbo112
Contributor

Re: Normal?

Postby Bobbo112 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:23 am

Is it possible to have never had an ibs flare only to get a big one five weeks in out of nowhere? Starting to really freak out here. It’s never been like this before. Last bm I had was at 6 pm and was pretty normal. But this abdominal pain is keeping me up

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Postby Lisa33 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:24 am

IBS can come with uncomfortable cramping, and it can happen out of nowhere, without food triggers. Unfortunately, one of the biggest issues that c-diff patients are left with is high anxiety and panic. I have read many of your posts and strongly feel that you should talk to a doctor or therapist about your anxiety. It is not unusual to have these feelings of panic from c-diff. Many have actually had PTSD from c-diff. You need to get this under control or the IBS will continue. There is a brain-gut relationship, and if you are constantly in a state of worry, it can have a negative effect on your gut. Some posters have needed anti-anxiety meds and/or therapy to get through this constant anxiety during recovery. I still haven't read anything that is cause for alarm of a relapse. I am reading a lot of anxiety and worry though. Any pain should be checked out by a doctor though. But, my suggestion based on experience with anxiety and panic attacks is to seek help. Also, 5 weeks post vanco really isn't long into recovery. Most people experience IBS and many gut issues much longer.

Bobbo112
Contributor

Postby Bobbo112 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:44 pm

My main fear comes from never having this at this intensity before. Not even when I had c diff. The bad abdominal pain/cramping and the stomach gurgling came out of nowhere at 5 weeks in. Only to have normal bms and stools adding more to the confusion.

I thought maybe toxic megacolon, as c diff causes that, but wouldn’t I be having profuse watery d with that too?

As for the anxiety, unfortunately I don’t think I can take meds. Believe me I want to. But in Decemeber I had a severe adverse reaction to levaquin. Something called “fluroquinolone toxicity”. I was mentally messed up, with severe anxiety and depression I never imagined possible, and I think it’s the main culprit in what gave me c diff in the first place. From what I’ve read and from what I’ve been told srris, benzos, anti depressants could not only ruin the progress I made, but set me back even worse. I’ve been using more “natural” alternatives like l-theanine and a product called “calm PRT” from neuro science to combat the anxiety and depression. But I have to walk on egg shells and it sucks. It’s also why I had to take a magnesium supplement “confusing” the my bm issues because I was defiecient before. I’ve just be in a world of sh** and misery since December 18th sadly...

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”