Metallic smell with BM?

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
Fighter
New User

Metallic smell with BM?

Postby Fighter » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:52 am

Hello, 33 year old female here currently undergoing chemo for breast cancer and half way through 14 days of Vanco. I contracted C Diff about a week and a half ago after round one of chemo and two months of antibiotics post-op. I have been on Vanco for a week and symptoms have almost completely gone away. I did however start to notice a metallic smell for the first time today with BMs. Has anyone else had that? With the C Diff, chemo, Vanco, probiotics it’s hard to say what it is from, however I assume I would have had it earlier if it was from the chemo. Just curious if anyone else had experienced this. I have heard of a metallic taste but couldn’t find anything else. My taste buds are shot from the chemo as it is so I haven’t experienced a metallic taste.

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Re: Metallic smell with BM?

Postby Lisa33 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:15 am

Hi Fighter - Welcome to the forum. Please read the first forum for all new users if you haven't done so already.

So very sorry that you are dealing with c-diff on top of breast cancer. That is a lot to endure. I did not experience a metallic smell, however there are many smells that go on from the infection and the medicine. I remember my GI saying not to worry about smell or color. He said that a gut inbalance, along with meds can lead to weird odor and color. He told me to only worry about red or black for color, or if the persistent, watery D returned.

I only had a metallic taste, which was awful when I was on Flagyl.

Sending you well wishes. So glad that the symptoms have subsided and the vanco is working. Keep fighting the fight and kick cancer's butt!

-Lisa

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”