Wath to do

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
Lid49
Regular Contributor

Wath to do

Postby Lid49 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:43 am

Hi , me again, its been 5 and 1/2months since my second FMT. I had one PCR positive but toxic antigen negative, so my Dr advice not to treat. Mayo is not doing PCR test if the antigen is negative. A week ago i start having, pain nausia mushy 3 times a day, again worry . I call mayo and agai they offer per protocol to be tested only for toxin antigen if negative they do not run Pcr. Acording to mayo no cdiff. . I do not know wath to do, please i need advise. I was relative ok for a month gain waith eating safe food taking Enteragam.
Thank you Lidia.

roy
Administrator

Re: Wath to do

Postby roy » Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:38 am

They are correct, if there no antigen detected there's no c.diff.
If the antigen is detected they then test to see if you have the toxin producing type of c.diff that needs treating.
There's several types of c.diff (27 I think) and only half of them cause illness but the antigen (and possibly PCR) detects all of them.
If the antigen test is negative you don't have c.diff.

Lid49
Regular Contributor

Postby Lid49 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:40 pm

Thank you Roy, steel for a week I do hehe all the cdiff symtoms .

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:25 am

3 loose stool and some cramps doesn't mean that you have relapsed it may very well be a IBS flare up. As long as you don't have the classic frequent D you should not worry. Try to go back on a bland diet for a couple of days and rest , stay away from stress ,and maybe symptoms will subside.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”