Bright Yellow Mucus with C. Diff

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
Girlvic
Brand New Poster

Bright Yellow Mucus with C. Diff

Postby Girlvic » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:05 pm

Hi all,
I'm a 25 year old female who was diagnosed with C. Diff after battling with strep throat since January 6th and being put on multiple antibotics (including clyndomican).

I was diagnosed with C. Diff this past Wednesday, April 4th and was prescribed Metronidazole 500mg 3xdaily for 10 days.
I am also taking Saccharomyces boulardii 2x2 daily and 8 strain of Lactobacillus 2×1, 4 hours in between antibotics and interchanging the two different kinds.

Prior to being diagnosed with C. Diff I had pretty bad stomach pains, D and very yellow M. I wasnt really able to eat in the last going off. Since starting the Metronidazole I've started to feel a lot better and my BM are starting to become normal other than some awful bright yellow M.

I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this bright yellow M. and is this a normal part of my body and the antibotic fighting this terrible disease.

Thanks in advance!

MikeDee
New User

Re: Bright Yellow Mucus with C. Diff

Postby MikeDee » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:26 pm

As far as I know yellow stool can be caused by a few things. Waste traveling through the intestines too quickly, excess bile or malabsorption. Bacteria break down bilirubin in bile and that’s what gives stool it’s brown color. Lack of that bacteria or quick transit time can cause yellow stool so if you’re on Flagyl that may be why. Mucus can be from the colon attempting to protect itself from the acidity of the stool as well as irritation. It’s possible that it could still be C. Diff since you’re still on the antibiotics but it’s not the only possibility. Most people on here will tell you it often takes a while for things to go back to normal after C diff is knocked out.

Just my two cents!

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Bright Yellow Mucus with C. Diff

Postby beth22 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:39 pm

Hi Girlvic and welcome to the site. Please read the first forum for more information for new posters.

Many people have described what you are describing, although usually in the TMI section where it should be. If you type in key words into the search box you will find a lot of posts about this topic. Or you can go to TMI and look through those. It does seem to happen very often with c difficile. I'm not sure why. Hopefully, with the medication, this will change.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”