Post C Diff Fatigue / Dizziness

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
Pmort
New User

Post C Diff Fatigue / Dizziness

Postby Pmort » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:52 pm

I am currently 17 days post C diff, and I was wondering, is it normal to have fatigue and random dizziness spells?

I know the Gut took a huge hit with the Vanco so I assume it is that.

I've been eating healthy, but is there something else I could possibly do to help these post c-diff symptoms?

Thanks in advance.

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Re: Post C Diff Fatigue / Dizziness

Postby Lisa33 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:23 pm

I personally did not have dizzy spells, but I did have horrible fatigue with flu-like symptoms. Your body has been through a lot, so it does take quite some time to get back to feeling somewhat normal again. Unfortunately, many are left with food intolerances, so it can be difficult to get the correct amount of nutrients and vitamins through diet at first. But as time goes on, your gut will start to heal and you will start to feel better. For me, I went gluten free, and that seemed to help me significantly. My gut felt better and I regained energy and the flu-like symptoms went away. But, everybody is different and what works for one, may not work for another. I would also recommend getting a complete bloodwork done to see if you are deficient in anything. That may be causing the dizziness. Many are left with vitamin deficiencies from fighting the infection.

Hope you feel better soon,
Lisa

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”