Still have m 3 weeks post vanco

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
Bobbo112
Contributor

Re: Still have m 3 weeks post vanco

Postby Bobbo112 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:58 am

Even at four weeks though? Fatigue should still be consistent? I don’t feel any worse, but just barely any different since my first day off of vanco..

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Postby Lisa33 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:49 am

Even at 4 weeks, this is very normal for most. Even after many months, this can still be normal. It took me 8 months to go only 1-2 times daily. And the IBS lingered for a long time. Not feeling worse is a good thing when it comes to c-diff. You have to stop worrying. The worrying will only make the BMs worse. None of us are doctors, but we all went through this God awful illness, and not one poster has replied that they think you are relapsing at this point based on your descriptions. I know it's hard not to panic. C-diff plays on your mind big time, but you have to try to relax, and not worry about every BM. You will drive yourself crazy because BMs are very inconsistent after cdiff, and the inconsistency can last a long time.

Bobbo112
Contributor

Postby Bobbo112 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:05 pm

So saw gastro today. She doesn’t think I have it but gave me a stool test to send to quest. Soft mushy, but formed pile. Did kinda smell so that makes me nervous. Hoping it’s the probiotics. Never notice it when it’s just in the bowel, but when it’s in the container I did. Ironically enough I never noticed a strong smell the first time I did it. Test is: CDFFXGRPC C DIFFICILE TOXIN/GDH. Hoping to god it’s gone.

Please pray!

Bennet
Regular User

Postby Bennet » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:08 pm

Hope you get good news/negative c diff result!
~Bennet

Bobbo112
Contributor

Postby Bobbo112 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:18 pm

Thank you! Me too. The waits already killing me.

Anyone know if murky urine can be a sign of c diff? Got it tested by my primary last week and they said it was fine. Hoping it’s just supplements. Or the probiotics. Taking both vsl # 3 and florastor twice a day. Heard that can also alter the smell of your stool since like i said it didn’t smell the first time I tested it, and I didn’t start the vsl at all until after the vanco run.

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Postby Lisa33 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:18 pm

I have faith that you will get a negative result! As far as the urine, drink a lot of water and hopefully that will flush anything out. Right now your good and bad bacteria are at war in your gut. As a result, smell, color and all sorts of things are going to be off with your stool. As the good bacteria wins out, things will slowly get back to some sort of normalcy. The two things that should cause worry are profuse watery D and/or blood. Hang in there!

Bobbo112
Contributor

Postby Bobbo112 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:59 pm

That’s the one other thing I’m worried about. The “war” going on in my gut, and whether or not that can bring out a false positive. Gi doc says it’s not likely. I know the typical wait time to retest should be at least ten days, and today marks the official four week post vanco mark, so hopefully that won’t happen...

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:31 pm

That's a 3 part test.
GDH positive but toxin negative is a negative result and does not mean you need treating.
Same goes for PCR positive and toxin negative.

Bobbo112
Contributor

Postby Bobbo112 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:58 pm

roy, would you say four weeks is usually long enough to rule out a false positive toxin test?

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:36 am

I just copied a line from another poster, Seahorse, into the humor page of this site.
I suggest you read it.

Stop worrying about tests!
Test results do not mean anything.
ONLY the symptoms indicate if you need treating.
If the lab follows the guidlines for diagnosing c.diff they will reject your sample.

Bobbo112
Contributor

Postby Bobbo112 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:19 pm

Gastro called back. Claims my test came back positiVe. Is sending me now to an infectious disease doctor. Going to meet with him now. It doesn’t make sense to me.

Very scared

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:21 pm

If I was your Dr I would send you on to someone else as well!
It's called "passing the buck" :-)

Bobbo112
Contributor

Postby Bobbo112 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:27 pm

I’m so scared as to what to do next. Do I treat it again?

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:35 pm

Bobbo
Being an administrator here I can see that you have changed your post.
When you posted you said your gastro told you your test was normal but now you have edited your post to say it is positive.
To me it looks like your only posting here for attention and wasting our time.
If you develop symptoms like "seahorse" and have a waterfall coming from your butt let us know.
Other than that please stop asking any more because we have gave you sympathy and advice and that's now got to stop.
I hope I don't have to remove your membership.

Roy

Bobbo112
Contributor

Postby Bobbo112 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:42 pm

That was an accident as I’m typing all of my
Posts from my phone. On top of that I was on speaker phone with my doc freaking out. I swear on my life I’m not doing anything for attention. Please I just want advice as to what to do. In my heart of hearts I believed I was fine and my toxin test would come back negative. Now supposedly it’s still positive and they wanna send me to and id doc, and I’m scared of what to do next. Everything I’ve read said they’d just put me on another round of vanco.

Just very scared

Edit: my dads driving me to the id doc now

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”