13 year old 2nd positive

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
didi2
Brand New Poster

13 year old 2nd positive

Postby didi2 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:06 pm

My 13 year old is on day 17 taking vancomycin 125mg 4 times a day. Florastor 2 times a day.
Having D two to three times a day, is this normal?
Any recommendation for pediatric doctor specializing in c diff would be helpful.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: 13 year old 2nd positive

Postby beth22 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:11 am

Hi and welcome to the site. Please read the first forum that has information for new posters.

Some people get looser stools with vancomycin, although most don't. I got looser stools with Florastor. You might try stopping it. I also found I could no longer tolerate dairy products, including yogurt. When I stopped the yogurt, the D got better.

There are doctors listed in the "doctors' forum. I don't know what state you live in to give any recommendations, but usually university hospitals have pediatric GIs or better yet, if there is a children's hospital in your area, call and see if they can recommend someone.

didi2
Brand New Poster

Postby didi2 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:04 pm

Thank you for your reply, I will look at the doctors forum. We are in Illinois

Doctor is talking about now doing a FMT. Any information on FMT procedure for pediatric will be helpful.

AnxiousJ
Regular Contributor

Postby AnxiousJ » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:03 pm

Where in IL? I live outside of Chicago and I saw Dr. Stuart Johnson at Loyola two years ago after I had my infection. I saw two awful doctors before seeing him who didn't know what they were doing. I had just tested negative by the time I saw him, but I wanted to meet with a doctor who was competent. Dr. Johnson is a C-Diff expert and is incredibly knowledgeable and kind. I hope your child feels better soon.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:41 pm

We had a father who posted years ago that his daughter had FMT. She was very young. I think around 5 or 6. Check the search box and see if anything turns up. Her FMT was successful.

OCmama
Regular Contributor

Postby OCmama » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:15 am

We were going to do a FMT if my daughter’s Vanco pulse didn’t take (we are in California). Her Ped GI recommended that we use a family member, we started the screening process on my MIL (all family members in the home had C. diff so we chose the next closest relative who could travel to provide a stool sample the morning of the procedure), but the Vanco pulse held (13 months now, praise God), she was 3 during her infection. Sending prayers to you and your son.

didi2
Brand New Poster

Postby didi2 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:00 pm

Starting the tapering tomorrow for 9 days. Praying it holds. Thanks for thoughts and prayers

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”