Flagyl and Neuropathy

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
DawMa95
Regular User

Flagyl and Neuropathy

Postby DawMa95 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:09 pm

Has anyone experienced neuropathy after being on a short course of Flagyl? I was on Flagyl for 10 days (3x per day, 500 mg.) I've been experiencing burning sensations all throughout my body and it has been roughly two years since I stopped taking it. From what I've read burning is associated with neuropathy. I've had a full metabolic panel performed. B vitamins, rheumatological, thyroid, auto immune disease, you name it, all normal. Vitamin D was low, but I have always been low with that (and most people are in general). The doctors I've met with deny it is from Flagyl (probably because they get kickbacks from big Pharmaceutical companies). The only other thing I can connect it to is a surgical procedure and nerve damage from either the procedure itself or anesthesia. I was in good health prior to all of this and I know I'm not imagining it. It just seems crazy that someone as young as myself could not only be experiencing this, but can't get any straight answers from the doctors. Their first line of defense is prescribing Cymbalta, Lyrica, Gabapentin or the like (which I am not willing to do as it only treats the symptoms and comes with serious side effects). Has anyone else experienced this or know someone who has?

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”