FMT Pills

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
Megs717
New User

FMT Pills

Postby Megs717 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:06 pm

I had my appointment today after finishing 14 days of Vanco (first relapse). My local doctor had prescribed a taper, but I knew I was going to the Mayo Clinic, and wanted to see what Dr. Khanna says. He suggested I stop now, but keep the Vanco on hand in case I relapse. I wanted a plan B in place in case this happened. He then gave me (3) options.
1) Dificid (which I could probably taper if I ask)
2) Vanco taper
3) Another two weeks of vanco, and apparently I'm a good candidate for a Phase 1 clinical trial of FMT pills through the Mayo Clinic. These are a little different than the others I've read about, you don't take so many in one sitting, it's actually (2) per day for a week roughly. Has anyone had FMT pills similar to this? Has anyone else participated in trials?

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: FMT Pills

Postby beth22 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:09 am

That is a hard decision. I probably would try Dificid, but I am not keen on doing FMT from the top down. If Dificid fails, I assume the doctor would still let you do the FMT? Vanco never worked for me and I had to have more than one FMT, but DIficid was not around then.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”