Taking Zantac for heartburn

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
tamolson
New User

Re: Taking Zantac for heartburn

Postby tamolson » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:26 pm

Ril wrote:
> You are already on Difficid. Why not ask about a Difficid pulsing or taper?

I didn’t know that was an option. I really don’t feel like the dificid with working. I was up 3 times during the night and have gone at least 6 times today. Shouldn’t I be seeing some results by now? I’m new to this medication so I’m just not sure how long it takes to work. I’ll ask about the taper when they call back. Thank you!

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:12 pm

It appears like more and more Drs are diagnosing c.diff, handing out meds and ignoring the strong possibility that c.diff is not the cause of the current problem.
It's not unusual for someone to remain colonised after being "cured" and that would mean any future tests might be positive making an accurate diagnosis harder.
A long history of IBS would confuse things even more.
I would be concerned if c.diff meds did not have any effect, c.diff is not a "superbug" and is not resistant to c.diff meds, the problem is that the meds kill the active infection and symptoms resolve but it comes back after meds are finished.
If c.diff meds do not resolve the symptoms a Dr should be thinking that regardless of the test result it might not be only c.diff that's causing problems.

tamolson
New User

Postby tamolson » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:45 pm

Thank you for your reply. That makes a lot of sense. I have an appointment with GI on Friday. I do have a long history with IBS but it’s never been this bad. I will finish the Dificid and if it isn’t c diff, I hope it’s something that’s an easy fix.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”