Long term no appetite

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
Bam24
Brand New Poster

Long term no appetite

Postby Bam24 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:27 pm

So I’ve been doing a lot of research and investigating about loss of appetite with cdiff. I had cdiff over a year ago and lost my appetite due to it. The problem is that even though I have been cdiff free for over a year I still don’t have an appetite at all, I literally watch a clock and have to remind myself to eat. I’ve tried probiotics to no avail... Anyone having any suggestions? My drs are stumped as well but think everything’s ok because I can maintain my weight but it’s only because I force myself to eat.

roy
Administrator

Re: Long term no appetite

Postby roy » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:08 am

I am a great believer in listening to what your body needs.
If your tired, sleep.
If your hungry, eat.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:52 am

A great help for me to regain my appetite after Cdiff was when I started medication for anxiety and depression and it also helped me to gained weight back .

MKW
Regular Contributor

Postby MKW » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:02 pm

Hi, I was a recurrent sufferer and had a successful FMT in March of 2017.
Since, I experienced IBS and in recent months progressed food intolerances, and was finally diagnosed with SIBO by breath test. My Practitioners have chosen to not treat me with Rifaximin or herbal antimicrobials yet. However a nutritionist put me on a supplement called metagenics ultra GI replenish about a week and a half ago.
I have had an ok appetite all long, but remain underweight.
I just wanted to tell you about an oddity I have experienced since I’ve been on the supplement... my stomach growls when I’m hungry. Sometimes loudly, but that is actually normal.
I had not realized over all this time that my stomach didn’t growl due to hunger. Ever. I think after months and months of c Diff we forget what normal even is.
Something gets damaged with our gut brain pathways due to c Diff I believe. Possibly in a very complicated way, involving mucosal tissue, nerves, the interplay of our gut microbes mediating signals to our nerves. Who knows.
But something has healed with me or is functioning properly now since the supplement that is making me experience more signals and sensations of hunger.
Weird, but a lot of what we all experience has yet to be conclusively explained.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”