Losing more weight..Dr getting concerned

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
Julian80
New User

Losing more weight..Dr getting concerned

Postby Julian80 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:50 am

Hi all I have been here still,reading and praying for you all and I hope everyone is doing ok.Well I met my new Dr yesterday and she was very concerned about my weight and the excess blood that is continuing during my bms.I am now down to 110,I am really concerned as well.She at first didnt think it was cdiff,but she now gonna test my stool.I am just wondering what I can do about keeping my weight for the time being,I have actually been diagnosed with IBS,but this new doc is really thorough,I am having D still as well.This has been going on for almost 1yr now.Also she wants me to go thru with a scope with GI as well.So this is where I am current symptoms:abdominal pain lower quadrant,terrible burning that radiates throughout my body,really bad cotton mouth at night,feeling very flu like,chills low appetite,D with mucus and B.I still am thankful for this site because my family is very unsupportive except for my mom,I feel bad for tha poor lady she has her own health issues and tries to keep me sane by telling me positive things,I am getting really frustrated with all this....

MKW
Regular Contributor

Re: Losing more weight..Dr getting concerned

Postby MKW » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:52 pm

Hi, I have had ibs since my FMT in March of 2017. Around the holidays I lost about 7 pounds in two weeks, putting me at 102 lbs. I went to my GI doc and they did multiple stool and blood tests to check me for signs of inflammation/ibd, other pathogens and pancreatic enzyme deficiency. Also a metabolic panel. I have been told low folate and iron are signs of malabsorption btw. All were negative and I ended up doing a breath test for SIBo and testing positive. has your doctored ordered any tests like this? It’s a non invasive way for them to rule out some conditions, or give an idea of what may be wrong.

Julian80
New User

Postby Julian80 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:00 pm

Hey MK yeah I am referred to the GI I was seeing before,the doc and I were in agreement that if indeed it was cdiff before than it was low grade and did not need treating,regardless of the positive results.Based on seeing other cases being more severe,I did not think having the scope was beneficial.But in the last few months the B and M are becoming more frequent.Then when we seeing my weight not going up even though appetite is ok enough to eat.So either way somethings wrong if the B is not stopping but I will still adhere to if I have no significant D I wont treat.But it is confusing and I will bring up the SIBO test to the GI.

OCmama
Regular Contributor

Postby OCmama » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:03 am

I went from 132 to 112 (5”7) in about a month, it was very scary. I added in Odwalla vanilla protein shakes to the brat diet, plus chicken, avocado, and coconut oil on toast. They have good bread bars at Trader Joe’s called primal bars that have a ton of calories. The Odwalla drinks add in 350 or so calories if you drink them at every meal it helps. Having weight fall off like that is scary. Praying for you, I hope you have an answer soon!

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:51 am

It would also be a good idea to get checked for vitamins and minerals deficiency and the thyroid hormones.

Julian80
New User

Postby Julian80 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:37 am

Thanks everyone my Dr emailed my bloodwork and said wbc slightly elevated and slight anemia,so I am grateful I have a pcr testing lab across the street.I will say im not frightened of cdiff the way I was before,so my mental state is better,for now anyway lol..but feeling sh@%*y again today,Im so ready to take this vanco or dificid,I will not take flagyl..no thank you,to me it is pointless to take flagyl,so I am gonna mention dificid or vanco.Too bad the Firvanc liquid isnt available yet,

So here we go on with meds hopefully my body will accept the meds without too many side effects,I am glad I purchased the healthcare wipes on Amazon thanks to me working mturk,i get discounts.So i am gonna order some probios,probably florastor,amyway thanks for responding.OC Mama I follow you on instagram I write diwn the recipes you have they look very healthy,thanks for all you do for the cdiff family..

OCmama
Regular Contributor

Postby OCmama » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:40 pm

Thanks for the follow on instagram! Feel free to message me so I can follow you back if I don’t already :-) I’m working on blogging more on my site www.gutsymother.com

It feels really good to be in a place where I can give something back to people who are suffering with C. diff, I really didn’t think I would ever make it to the other side.

I would push your Dr. for Dificid, they can call and push it through insurance. Here is a new study I read last night on Dificid vs. vanco vs. flagyl on cost-effectiveness; I feel like it helps to print and bring studies into doctors appointments.
https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/q ... ck-up.html

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”