mild c diff

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
pich123
Brand New Poster

mild c diff

Postby pich123 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:40 am

Hello All,

Thanks for sharing your info. I have a question. I was diagnosed with c diff in November 2017 and I was treated with metronidazole for 10 days. After 2 months I tested positive for c diff with mild symptoms. Then Dr gave me another course of metronidazole for 15 days which did not help. The only symptom I have is I go to bathroom 2-4 times a day not every day but at least 2-3 times. What is interesting is in the morning I usually go 1-2 times before I go to work. at this time my stool is formed not perfect but its deffenetly, not D. Then in the afternoon I usually have a D. and on the next day this may happen again. I went to the doctor and he tested again which was positive again for c diff. then he gave me 10 days of Vanco 4 times daily. While on Vanco I have stopped having this D which was usually in the afternoon until the day before I stopped Vanco I had the same D in the afternoon. Other than that I don't have any other symptoms. I eat normally no pain. nothing. Just noticed I started having gas once in a while but that could be because of probiotics. Can you please tell me what do you think about my case?

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Re: mild c diff

Postby georgina » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:14 am

Welcome to the site Pich123.
It seems that you never had what we call :classic Cdiff symptoms ,your symptoms were always very mild and you also have tolerance to normal food witch most of the Cdiff patient do not have. Symptoms like yours are more matched to IBS and rather then Cdiff. With symptoms like yours knowledgeable doctors would not give treatment for Cdiff , maybe a binding agent , a good probiotic and a easy to digest diet and leave the the immune system fight by itself.
As you probably know , there are lots of people that can test positive for Cdiff but they are not sick , they are considered carriers. The carrier state is not to be treated.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”