Mild case of C. Difficile not cured?

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
Trpro
New User

Mild case of C. Difficile not cured?

Postby Trpro » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:50 am

I had a mild case of C. Difficile with no fever or vomiting, just diarrhea. I had it for 8 weeks before being diagnosed and going on the antibiotics Van. After 2 weeks,4 times a day, of the meds, my stools are still runny as before. I thought that with a mild case the antibiotics would work effectively. Has any one else with mild case needed more than one round of antibiotics?

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: Mild case of C. Difficile not cured?

Postby NanciT » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:08 pm

Hello and Welcome to the site Please read the first thread for all new posters

If you have gone through a round of Vanco and are still having actual diarrhea you need to check back in with your GI. They often DO NOT test and go by symptoms. The issues becomes is this a relapse and the diarrhea is an indicator.
I have heard other's refer to a "mild" case but I am unsure what is considered mild. I did have vomiting with CDIFF but most do not. I also did not have D alot, just 4 times in the am and that was it. My relapses came between 10 days and 3-4 weeks after I finished medication.
I knew it was back, the D would start again and I became weak although I only went 3-4 times/day. While I was on Vanco or Dificid I never had D, it only started for me...after the treatment.
What most can have is a Post IBS which can be loose but not actually real D so you want to check with your GI. It can take some time post treatment for things to get back to the "normal" range.

Hope you feel better soon
NanciT

Ca5per03
Regular User

Re: Mild case of C. Difficile not cured?

Postby Ca5per03 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:23 pm

I had what doctors said was a mild case but needed two rounds of vancomycin. My stools are still a lighter brown but solid and I can almost eat everything I did before, I also had to stop the probiotics
30, female
C-diff positive 10/19 tested negative 11/26

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”