Taper question

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
Dani
New User

Taper question

Postby Dani » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:28 pm

I got CDiff October 20th after being prescribed Clindamycin for a tooth abscess. 10 days of Flagl prescribed by NP then additional 4 days because I wasn’t feeling well still. 3 days later still feeling ill and prescribed 10 days of Vanco with NP saying it’s probally gone already but take it anyway. 10 days after Vanco relapsed and requested a referral to ID dr. He put me on 10 days of Dificid that I requested from reading on this site. He said if I relapsed on that he would put me on a Vanco taper and refer me to a GI. Made it 31 days of ups and downs and unfortunately relapsed with positive test. Back on Vanco and have Gi appt in 2 days. I have been on Vanco for 4 days and now am having an increase in diarrhea and waiting for a call back from ID dr now. Is the vanco possibly not working this time to resolve symptoms? and what should I asked Gi for as a taper? I would like to do dificid and if that fails consider fmt. It has been a long 3 months and still not cured. I’m sorry to all who have been suffering from this awful disease.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: Taper question

Postby NanciT » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:25 pm

I would talk with your GI about a Dificid Taper. Take a look under CDI, there is a list with tapers.

Often people are on Vanco before Dificid, then push for either an FMT or Dificid taper.

We have alot of people on the site who finally did well on a Dificid taper, it is what finally got rid of it for me after many relapses.

NanciT

Dani
New User

Re: Taper question

Postby Dani » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:29 pm

thank you. I will check it out. I did well on Dificid and think a taper will give me the best chance of rebuilding my flora.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”