Don't know what to make of it

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
Ca5per03
Regular User

Don't know what to make of it

Postby Ca5per03 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:55 pm

I finished my second round of vancomycin two Sundays ago, one day I went once, some twice, yesterday was 4 and were mush, not water. Yesterday all I had was a breakfast drunk, kifer, porkchops, green beans, potatoes and banana muffins with no nuts,. I've gone twice this morning, but feel like I need to go but nothing. My stomach hurts but both bms were number 4 on the stool chart. My stomach is upset and lower back pain. Has anyone had stomach pain a week after treatment of vanco? I'm trying to move on and not over think everything.
30, female
C-diff positive 10/19 tested negative 11/26

Musings
Regular Contributor

Re: Don't know what to make of it

Postby Musings » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:28 pm

Many people are left with PI-IBS after c.diff and some of the foods you listed aren't exactly easy to digest which could be contributing to the pain you are feeling. I was ALL over the place for months after treatment but try to remember the 3-day rule (3+ days of 3+ watery stools) before thinking it's a return of c.diff. Would also recommend you stick to a more bland diet and slowly, one at a time, introduce new foods to see how your GI system tolerates them.

jb03
Brand New Poster

Postby jb03 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:47 pm

Hi I have Cdiff in July 2017 and Again in Sept. 2017. i kept making my GI retest and retest because i wasnt feeling anybetter. finally for the month of december i went on a diet of PLAIN grilled chicken, Rice and chicken brooth that is all i ate for about 3 weeks. after new years i slowly started to add in more food. i had my days were i wasnt feeling good. i am happy to report finally i about at 4-5 BM a day and feeling good. My GI told me I had PI-IBS. now im scared because i am finally starting to feel good and i am starting Antibotics today for a different infection. im so worried im going to get cdiff back and take 6 months to feel better again

Ca5per03
Regular User

Postby Ca5per03 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:36 pm

I ended up having to go a 3rd time, but it was really small, and formed. Maybe I just needed to release some gas. Maybe it's hunger pains, I'm still scared to eat, so I'm not eating much throughout the day, which I know is also bad and I'm wondering if me not eating was the cause the the second round of c diff. Maybe all my probiotics are the cause of pains too, I drink 1 8oz of keifer in the morning, drink a karma probiotic (water) and take two probiotic pills, but I think they are helping in a since, for a few days I didn't take the pills and my bms were soft.
I also drink 60-70oz of water a day
My boss has been a blessing and has been paying me for the last few months even though Im not working, but has said he doesn't know how much longer hell be able to pay me without working, which I knew was coming and can't be mad. But I can't let this go. And now my mother in law might have it too!! Not from me, thank God, she's sadated in the icu with septic pneumonia. So I know the stress will play heavily on the gut. Thanks for your replies and insite!! I'm really trying this time around. I want to get back to work, I want to be able to go home (I've been at my sisters cause I feel scared my house if ls covered in c diff spores, I have cleaned it, but for some reason I can't go bring myself to use my bathroom..)

For dinner I'm going back to my chicken, mashed potatoes and boiled carrots.

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:29 pm

If there's no frequent watery D most people go to work as normal.
I hope your not waiting for a negative test before going back to work, that might never happen!
Testing to see if its gone is very unreliable and should never be done, treating because of that test (without D) is wrong.

Ca5per03
Regular User

Postby Ca5per03 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:36 pm

I'm not looking to test, been there done that, it never helped me. My gi told me she'd test just to ease my mind and I told her no cause I was less than a week off medicine. I'm not working cause Im super tired and was in pain, where I work it's only two. People on the shift I was working and one is always in and out so even being healthy going to the restroom isn't always easy. Tomorrow I'm meeting him so I can get some work that I can do from home. I'm one of the ones that doesn't have water d, it's mush and the most I've gone is less than 10 times a day, so. I can't really follow that rule
30, female

jb03
Brand New Poster

Postby jb03 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:56 am

Have you been back on ANY time of antibotics since your negative test?????

Ca5per03
Regular User

Postby Ca5per03 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:04 am

No, they think I caught it again. I finished my second round of vancomycin two Sundays ago

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:45 am

If D returns within a month of finishing meds an expert would consider it a relapse of the initial infection.
The problem with c.diff is that it's a relapsing disease because there's no med that can kill the spores.

Ca5per03
Regular User

Postby Ca5per03 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:56 am

The stomach pain isn't as bad today, but it did hurt to go this morning, which I didn't have before the last few days, so I don't know what to make of that. I made it a Month and 2 weeks in between the two rounds of medicine. Im really hoping I'm on the way to beat this. I'm drinking 1 kifer, one karma water with probiotics and taking 2 pb8 probiotic pills a day, I don't want to be on the meds again, I hope my body is doing what it needs to fight it (if I still have it) I'm over antibiotics, I've taken them years ago and never heard of c diff, I only got yeast infections, than I went on a ppi and than I found c diff.
30, female

jb03
Brand New Poster

Postby jb03 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:00 pm

Good. Luck, I have my fingers crossed for myself right now. Because first round of Cdfiff was end of June 2017, second was Early Sept 2017. and no i just had to start antibiotic yesterday

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:53 am

Casper you are taking quite a lot of probiotics , too much probiotic can give abdominal cramps , looser stool , gas . Try to reduce a bit of your probiotic intake and see if your symptoms subside.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”