I have cDif. On dificid

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
JonL
Brand New Poster

I have cDif. On dificid

Postby JonL » Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:59 pm

Hi, I have had terrible stomach problems for the last 4 years. Went to many doctors, had colonoscopies and many tests done. They called it IBS. I didn’t buy it. It started out of no where. I went to a new GI doctor and asked to start having stool tests done immediately. Boom, the find cDif in my body.
I’m on my third day of dificid and I’m feeling pretty bad. Tons of pressure and pain in my stomach. Had my usual bowel movement this morning, then had diarrhea later in the day. My stomach has been hurting since. It feels like I have to go more, but can’t. My stomach is gargling and when I push on it I can move whatever liquid is in there around. I’ve also noticed I am feeling very lethargic, tired and my whole body is very crampy and achy. It almost feels like a hangover.
Is all of this normal? I’m somewhat worried at the moment. Is there anything I should or should not be eating or drinking? When I take the next dose this evening that will be 72 hours, which I was told is the time I will notice the drug taking effect. Any insight or direct knowledge will be most helpful. I’m hoping Santa Claus fixes my stomach this year! Thank you and Happy Holidays!

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: I have cDif. On dificid

Postby NanciT » Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:50 pm

Hi JonL and Welcome to the site Please read the first thread for all new posters

It sounds like Dificid is actually your first treatment for CDIFF, that is not often the case. It can be harsh on the stomach, take a look under Drugs.com for side effects. I was on Dificid for three months and had similar symptoms but mine started after the initial 10 days and a relapse. Check with your GI if you don't see things settle down.
We always recommend a bland diet because it can take the gut time to heal. I continued with bland foods and no dairy for some time and slowly added foods as I felt better. It can take time

Hope you feel better soon

NanciT

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”