cdiff odor?

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
rubench
Brand New Poster

cdiff odor?

Postby rubench » Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:19 pm

please can describe the smell of cdiff .. with which I would compare it, in the pages of interner it says that it smells like horse feces, but in your experience, what was the smell that you felt, with which you can compare, thanks to all for your answers

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Re: cdiff odor?

Postby Ril » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:24 pm

Hello Rubench and welcome to the site. Please read the first thread on rules for posting.
I am assuming you unfortunately have already been diagnosed with a C. difficile infection. You certainly cannot tell you have c diff based on odor alone; in fact, that is a minor symptom.
But the best description is probably the one you read. It is a distinctive pungent horse-like feces smell but not everyone has it or has it to the same degree.

Rita

Postby posta » Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:38 pm

in my case, smell was very distinct and terrible - i would say it was like something rotten and fishy, acidic in a way. never smell something like that and it actually didnt start on the first day of my Ds, i noticed that ugly smell on the second day of running to th bathroom... also, it started to subside after 2 days... hope this helps.

rubench
Brand New Poster

Postby rubench » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:17 pm

Two weeks ago I am with stool brystol type 5 three times a day with some mucus. and I have noticed a strange smell, I have no pain but the mucus scares me, a lot of gurgling in the area of the appendix, the ribs and the lower back. I can feel how it vibrates. I hope it is not cdiff.

The smell I have is something acidic and bittersweet difficult to describe an odor that I have never felt before.
Thank you for your answers.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”