Anyone have random bouts of severe WD 15 weeks in recovery?

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
tellyk
Brand New Poster

Anyone have random bouts of severe WD 15 weeks in recovery?

Postby tellyk » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:05 pm

Yes I know about the three day rule. But I had a bout of very bad cramps and severe WD for about an hour.
I feel like no one ever mentions having WD in recovery at all.
Has this happened to anyone else? Introduced some new foods but is it possible to get such a severe reaction 2-3 days after the new foods?
The foods in question are hotdogs, beanless chili, and peanut butter.
I do not eat any dairy or drink any alcohol or eat any raw fruits or veggies.
Maybe it's stress related?

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: Anyone have random bouts of severe WD 15 weeks in recovery?

Postby NanciT » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:42 pm

Hello tellyk and Welcome to the site Please read the first thread for all new posters

Post CDIFF there are many who have posted about D after eating certain foods, in my case I have had D up to 3 days after eating red meat which I can n o longer tolerate. I tested foods very slowly only adding one thing at a time to pin point which cause me to be ill. I cannot count the number of times I have had W D in recovery. Things can be "all over the place" for awhile

If the D continues, you need to get checked out but for now I would go back to bland for a few days and see how you do.

NanciT

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:55 pm

The same for me. I have often reacted 3 days after eating a food that didn't agree. If it continues, get a test. There are also itestinal viruses going around.

OCmama
Regular Contributor

Postby OCmama » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:42 pm

There is a nasty stomach bug going around where I am, I had D (some water D) for 13 DAYS :-0 I only ate toast, rice, chicken, bananas and avocados

I couldn’t take the worrying so on day 6 I submitted a sample, it was negative (thank God), a lot of people I know are sick :-/ I hope you feel better soon!

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”