OTC cold medicine with cdiff?

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
MrsM25
Regular Contributor

OTC cold medicine with cdiff?

Postby MrsM25 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:57 pm

Hello! I am currently taking Vanco indefinitely until my upcoming FMT on 1/5/18. I have been on the vanco now again for recurrent relapses for about 2 weeks this round and my symptoms have subsided again almost completely which they do while I’m taking the vanco. I just always relapse shortly after coming off of the vanco. Anyway, the last 3 days, I have been suffering from a cold which I caught from my 4 year old. I’ve been pretty much suffering no medicine so far. I’ve been doing saline rinses but I’m feeling so congested that I feel like I can’t focus and my head is pounding. Has anyone taken cold medicine? Is it ok to do so? Thanks!

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Re: OTC cold medicine with cdiff?

Postby Ril » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:41 pm

OTC cough medicines, antihistamines and decongestants have nothing to do with c diff.
You might want to check with the pharmacist about what is best for your particular symptoms and to avoid any drug interactions.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”