Painful cramps followed by loose stool from fatty foods in recovery?

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
cydeways
New User

Painful cramps followed by loose stool from fatty foods in recovery?

Postby cydeways » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:52 am

I know plenty of people say they “cannot tolerate” fatty or greasy foods, but i’m not sure if entails these very bad pains. does anyone else get intense pain after a something like a mcdonald’s burger?
I’m not sure if it is PI-IBS or a gallbladder issue

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Re: Painful cramps followed by loose stool from fatty foods in recovery?

Postby georgina » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:43 am

If I eat a McDonald burger or any other fast foods I get almost instant : bloating , gas , cramps and a few hour later I get more frequency and looser stools. Fast foods , excess sugar , alcohol are a big NONO after Cdiff . A sensitive and irritated gut cannot tolerate those kind of foods until is healed completely and needs gentle and bland foods that are easy to digest.
Of course ,you can indulge if you have a crave but you need to be prepared to pay the price for it later .

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:44 am

This is typical with IBS and occur quickly. I cannot tolerate certain foods at all, have the same reaction.

Go slow and easy on all of this. When this does occur, I go back to bland foods for a few days to relax the gut

NanciT

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:15 am

C diff gave me pancreatitis. Greasy foods aggravate that too. You can have your pancreatic enzymes checked, but best not to eat fatty foods until your digestive system has a chance to heal as the others said.

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ril » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:11 pm

Same as NanciT and Georgina.
Stick with a bland diet and add new foods slowly. Food intolerances during recovery are common.
Your body is talking to you.

shooten
Regular User

Postby shooten » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:30 pm

I was doing well but watching my diet. One day while in Disney World decided to have some fish and chips and within about 15 minutes I felt terrible. Pretty much every IBS symptom hit me. My stomach was in pain, cramping, felt like I was going to vomit, constantly running to the bathroom. Got some good rest and was better, not perfect the next day. Haven't touched fried food since and have been mostly normal. I am now 2 months off antibiotics.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”