Relapse or Flagyl symptoms?

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
2MG
New User

Relapse or Flagyl symptoms?

Postby 2MG » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:49 am

Well, I am confused and worried.

Today is day 6 of Flagyl, and I still have some D, but minimal. Also, I have been extremely nauseous and vomited. I don't know if this is Flagyl related, or worsening of symptoms.

I saw the tip about the 3 day rule. I'm gonna try that, along with the bland/BRAT diet.

If anyone has any suggestions or comments, I'd love.to hear them.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Relapse or Flagyl symptoms?

Postby beth22 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:37 am

Did you have the vomiting before you started Flagyl or has the started since you took it? If it is after, most likely it is not the c difficile. Flagyl can make some people feel worse than the c difficile. I would contact the doctor who prescribed it and ask if you should continue or switch to vanco or Dificid.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:20 am

Flagyl can definitely give vomiting . When i was on Flagyl i had endless nausea and vomiting everything i was putting in my mouth , couldn't eat anything , couldn't even drink water , felt like it was poisoning me. Because of it's side effects i couldn't finish the course , by the 7-th day i was switched to Vanco and felt improvement straigh away.

2MG
New User

Postby 2MG » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:57 pm

Thanks, folks. Good to hear from others with similar experiences.

The vomiting is new, only since this round of Flagyl. I was thinking it was the most likely.culprit. Of course, this started after business hours on a Friday. :/ Gonna keep tracking things for 3 days, and see how it goes. I have a GI appointment Wed, and can see my primary this week, too.

This is just a crazy, frustrating situation.

I have to say thanks to all the folks who put the info on this site together. It's very helpful.

kombucha
New User

Postby kombucha » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:16 pm

Hi,
I was on Flagyl last year for a diverticulitis attack, and it was the worst time of my adult life. I couldn't eat anything but about 4 saltines a day, that I would take with the flagyl. I would literally throw up water, I couldn't have a drink, I could only have small sips, after 5 days of it, I couldn't take it and went to urgent care. They gave me anti nausea pills, and it did the trick to at least help me complete the course. I got the c-diff after the flagyl, sadly, but as far as flagyl, it was horrible, I couldn't sleep, eat, think straight, I was sure I was dying. Once I got the anti nausea pills, I was at least able to have some toast, which was helpful. I didn't think the anti nausea pills would help, but they did, at least to keep me functional enough to complete the course.
Good luck with your appointment.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”