Traveling

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
slplkaye
Regular User

Traveling

Postby slplkaye » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:02 pm

I was just diagnosed yesterday and began taking Vancomycin. My symptoms have already improved drastically. I am supposed to take my kids on a vacation in one month. The nurse I spoke to when I called my doctor's office downplayed my concerns and told me I would be fine to travel in a month. However, I am concerned about exposing others as well as sharing a bathroom with my kids. At home, I bleach every time I use the bathroom. I'm keeping my laundry separate and bleaching the entire bathroom down each night. I began doing this when I suspected I had c diff. My question is, would you feel comfortable traveling a month from diagnosis? I do not want to disappoint my children because they have been looking forward to this trip for a year. However, the health of others is a huge concern.

roy
Administrator

Re: Traveling

Postby roy » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:12 pm

Your not a risk to anyone if your not having frequent watery D.

Fact.
If you are on a plane with 200 passengers 10 of them will be carrying c.diff and not even know it!
A cruise ship with 3000 people would have 150 passengers that are carrying c.diff.
Its common and only a disease if it causes symptoms.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”