Laundry/colored clothes - 2questions

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
crazyme
Brand New Poster

Laundry/colored clothes - 2questions

Postby crazyme » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:25 pm

My sister has been staying in my spare bedroom and is now in hospital with C-diff. She had some clothes on a chair in the room. Questions-- 1) do those clothes have to be washed if she didn't wear them but they were out in the open in the room?? And 2) what can u use to wash "colored" clothes that she wore, but cannot be bleached?? Any help or suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: Laundry/colored clothes - 2questions

Postby NanciT » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:59 pm

I wash everything with bleach just to be on the safe side

NanciT

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:33 am

If you do not want to ruin good clothes with bleach , you can purchase a sporocid solution that can be used on fabric , decontaminate the clothes in a water mixed with sporocid solution for 2 minutes and put them in the washing machine at high temperature. In Europe there is a solution that can be ordered at manufacturer , is very efficient , called Antigone , kills all spores including Cdiff spores in 1 minute.

crazyme
Brand New Poster

Postby crazyme » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:40 am

Thanks very much

Zapper
Regular Contributor

Postby Zapper » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:23 pm

I have been able to successfully bleach colored clothes with no issue. My drycleaned work clothes however, I have not tried to.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”