How long til abdominal pain goes away?

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
4horses
Brand New Poster

How long til abdominal pain goes away?

Postby 4horses » Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:29 am

How long did you continue to have abdominal pain after taking antibiotics to treat the c diff? I actually don't have much diarrhea. We usually catch my relapses immediately. But despite treating with antibiotics, the abdominal pain lingers. It's a dull achey pain that persists usually for a few weeks while im on antibiotics.

The diarrhea usually resolves quickly, just the pain remains.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Re: How long til abdominal pain goes away?

Postby georgina » Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:40 am

Have you been checked for IBD , some people have developeed IBD after CDiff?

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:33 am

"We usually catch my relapses immediately. "
Are you sure your not overtreating?
Tests are almost useless to identify a relapse and early recover can seem like your relapsing.
Liquid D 3 x a day for 3 days or D that gets worse very quickly indicates a relapse but anything else (including a positive test to see if its gone) can be normal recovery.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:38 pm

I think its really important to know if it's really a relapse. The only way I knew was at least 2-3 weeks after I finished medication. I also did not have alot of D with CDIFF. I continued having Post IBS...and 3 years later I still have on and off. I did have abdominal pain during CDIFF treatment(10 months) and Post CDIFF. I did have testing done to rule anything else out which is something you may consider. My abdominal pain still comes with on and off IBS. I still watch what I eat, its taken a long time to heal.

NanciT

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”