CDiff negative for 1 year and am panicking over taking antibiotic for a sinus infection

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
Ril
Long Time Contributor

Re: CDiff negative for 1 year and am panicking over taking antibiotic for a sinus infection

Postby Ril » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:51 am

I had a sinus infection for 6 weeks that remained viral for all that time. My ENT suspected it was not bacterial because of my symptoms, which were still nasty, and had me irrigate with specific solutions on 2 different occasions. The worst time he ordered a CAT scan to be sure it was not bacterial because of my c diff history and it was confirmed that the infection was not bacterial and was almost cleared. You could ask your dr about doing that and to justify to insurance that it was necessary because of your c diff history and the risk of abx use. It can be done within days at no risk to you of the continued infection except discomfort. The infection does not cause harm in almost all cases and your dr can tell you if there is any risk. In many countries sinus infections are not treated and allowed to run their course.

You can look under our CDI section under Sinus Infections for suggestions for home treatments some of us have used successfully if you are interested.

Best of luck
Rita

AnxiousJ
Regular Contributor

Re: CDiff negative for 1 year and am panicking over taking antibiotic for a sinus infection

Postby AnxiousJ » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:15 pm

You may also consider adding VSL3 or Bio K along with the Florastor. Good luck with everything and hope you feel better!

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”