Working with active cdiff symptoms

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
habeela
New User

Working with active cdiff symptoms

Postby habeela » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:36 am

Had my second FMT and it seems like I might be relapsing again. Should I be working with active symptoms? I am currently traveling because I am supposed to be teaching a workshop this week.

Musings
Regular Contributor

Re: Working with active cdiff symptoms

Postby Musings » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:52 am

It is generally recommended to not work/be out in public with active symptoms to protect others from getting infected. If you are concerned about a relapse, would see about postponing your trip and getting tested. Hope it is negative but best to err on the side of caution.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:42 am

I agree. Not good to travel with active CDIFF , it's something to CALL your GI about if you think you have a relapse.

NanciT

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:47 am

If you are having classic relaspse symptoms you should not be traveling , you should call your doctor and ask to be tested.

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:25 pm

It's unlikely you would be able to work if you have a full on c.diff infection/relapse.
A few days into treatment the symptoms should subside and light work might be ok.

Davidtm
Regular Contributor

Postby Davidtm » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:14 pm

I always stayed home until symptoms improved which was anywhere from 2-5 days. I wasn't able to stay off past that and couldn't have considered travel during the initial days of infection or relapse because I was a mess. Hoping it's nothing and that you test negative.

habeela
New User

Postby habeela » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:11 pm

So my telltale signs have always been nothing but mucous and that's what I had last night but today I've only had one BM that was very well formed. Anyone have this kind of experience? Was it indicative of relapse or was it just a fluke?

Zapper
Regular Contributor

Postby Zapper » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:20 pm

Personally I would always stay home until active symptoms were gone. Why would I want to risk anyone else contracting c diff as well? I would never wish that on even my worst enemy.
C diff is growing rapidly in the community. It's no longer just a hospital acquired infection anymore.
Personally, I even take bleach wipes with me and clean bathrooms before and after using them for #2.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”