C-diff and linear rash

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
NichoK
Brand New Poster

C-diff and linear rash

Postby NichoK » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:30 pm

I had both a linear rash on my arms and scalp and c-diff when I first went to see my family doctor. I had been suffering with D for about 5 - 6 weeks, and the rash had been around for about 4 days. I hadn't been on any antibiotics. The rash subsided, but now it's back. I'm now on my third antibiotic, Xifaxan, having failed with Flagyl. We then tried Vancomyacin, which appeared to be working. However, I came off it because my doctor was worried the rash might be an allergic reaction. The rash has progressed while taking Xifaxan. Has anyone else experienced a blistery rash with c-diff that may not be a reaction to antibiotics?

OCmama
Regular Contributor

Re: C-diff and linear rash

Postby OCmama » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:57 pm

I did have a rash/rashes. I had large blisters on my scalp, a rash on my forearms and small blisters on my palms... but it was decided I had Redman Syndrome.

However, I have continued with some skin problems following C. diff.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: C-diff and linear rash

Postby beth22 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:41 pm

Are you taking probiotics? Some people have reported rashes from them. I got one from Florastor.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”