Flagyl? Working?

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
mich99
Brand New Poster

Flagyl? Working?

Postby mich99 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:17 am

Hi all. I'm an 18 year old female and was just diagnosed with c. diff. I've been suffering unknowingly for months, but I've only had 4 episodes. The first was most severe, after that I thought I just had food intolerance or something. There would be weeks at a time where I had no symptoms at all. So I am still a little confused about how I could have this infection.

Anyways, I start Flagyl today 3x. a day for two weeks. I get the feeling it's pretty a pretty strong antibiotic. I was warned, even underage, to not ingest a single sip of alcohol unless I'm violently ill. I had to cancel an oral surgery I've had scheduled because my doc said all the anti's I'd be on in a short time could ruin my kidneys. I've read that it can make you feel pretty badly, and of course my graduation party is in a week. I'm really worried that I'll feel even worse on Flagyl & I want to have a good time. You only graduate once.

Additionally, I work in the food industry & took a couple days off when I was being tested before I ever got a diagnosis. Now that I have the diagnosis, should I be working around food? Will Flagyl make me feel too bad to be standing up all day around heat (it gets very hot as we have an active bakery) working?

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: Flagyl? Working?

Postby NanciT » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:02 pm

Hello Mich99 , not sure if you have been Welcome to the site so I will do that! Please make sure to read the first thread

Please DO NOT work in the food industry with CDIFF. It is contagious. You need to speak with your physician about that and also if Flagyl is making you ill ask to be switched to Vancomycin. It is tolerated much better.

Hopefully one course will take care of it for you, once again make sure your doctor reviews how long you should be out of work.

Hope you feel better soon!!

NanciT

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”