Too early for success but close?

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
Kristin
Regular User

Too early for success but close?

Postby Kristin » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:13 pm

Hey all,

I just finished (3 days ago) my 2nd round of vanco that I was on for 14 days. The D cleared up after day 2 and I've been having firm stools since then. I just talked to my OB/Gyn who has been my doctor/advocate through all this since I just had my baby and she says if I'm having firm stools then there is no need to retest. Are any of you familiar with this? I guess if I'm no longer having symptoms than I don't really need to. Also, she said if any other doctor tries to put me on more antiobiotics again (which is how I relapsed) to have them call her first. Hoping that I'm in the clear and no more relapses! My body feels great! Gaining more energy and there are no foods so far that upset my stomach. I'm just more gassy then I used to be.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: Too early for success but close?

Postby NanciT » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:35 pm

Yes, do not retest. If you are feeling great that is fantastic!!! It is always best to go by symptoms. If GI issues come up (severe watery d) that would be the only reason to test if that last 3+days.

Good News!

NanciT

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”