Chicken salad with mayo?

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
Kristin
Regular User

Chicken salad with mayo?

Postby Kristin » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:44 pm

Im on my 4th day of vanco and craving some chicken salad with nuts and mayo. Does this seem wise? I have stayed away from mayo thus far. Does it seem to upset any of your guys' stomachs?

Acres
Regular Contributor

Re: Chicken salad with mayo?

Postby Acres » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:55 pm

Hi,
I tried to eat mayo several times over the course of about 18 months and I finally can tolerate it in small quantities...
Prior to c.diff one of my favorite sandwiches was tuna and mayo...

I ate tons of almond butter (fresh ground) ....That might be easier on your gut....

I would go slow and eat a bland diet for now.....

Some folks get food intolerances, others do not...Most of mine were temporary...
Praying for your recovery,
Scott

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:16 am

I did not have a problem with mayonnaise I eat it with tuna and sweetcorn and eat it in small amount ,however I do have a problem with salad and nuts , it's been two years and still cannot tolerate leafy greens.

Kristin
Regular User

Postby Kristin » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:56 am

I had the chicken salad with mayo and cashews and I also made dairy free chocolate cake that was delish and my stomach did just fine. Yay! Oddly enough, chicken noodle soup with all the spices in it was the thing upsetting my stomach. Something in it just didn't agree with me. So odd how the intestines are effected different by different foods and it's so individual!

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”