I'm so very hungry. Need food ideas.

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
Kristin
Regular User

I'm so very hungry. Need food ideas.

Postby Kristin » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:40 pm

I'm on my 2nd day of vanco have only had diarrhea once today and I count this a major win considering I've been having it 15-20 times a day. I'm currently breastfeeding and am having insatiable hunger right now. Like major caloric deficit. Any ideas of foods with high calories that I can eat that will be safe for me? I'm getting real tired of chicken noodle soup and bananas.

amyc
Long Time Contributor

Re: I'm so very hungry. Need food ideas.

Postby amyc » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:24 pm

You can eat anything you want. No food is unsafe for Cdiff patients. Some people never have food intolerance problems at all. The only way you'll find out if something bothers you is to try it. Baked potatoes are a great starter food, but I wouldn't load it up with sour cream. Try thin crust cheese pizza. Steak. Stew. Scrambled eggs. I make frittata or scrambled eggs with vegetables that I saute first. Zucchini, onion, red bell pepper saute until nice and soft, add eggs and a little shredded sharp cheddar cheese.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Re: I'm so very hungry. Need food ideas.

Postby georgina » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:45 am

As Rita said , diet is individual , you need to reintroduce one new food at the time and see if it sits well with you . Foods that worked for most of us are : baked or boiled or mashed potatoes , rice , white meats (chicken , turkey ) baked or grilled or boiled, fish , vegetable soup , scrambled or hard boiled eggs , peanut butter , toast. For more food suggestion and recipes you can check CDI section - Nutrition.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”